Lengthy title, but amazing deal with this hammock system. Originally purchased to serve as a temporary trail home for my brother as he did not have his own tent. With the intention for us to begin hammock camping instead of with the tent – good thing too… because the bae gave our lovely Walrus to the brother.
One big factor in this purchase is it is meant to be a 2 person hammock… unfortunately the bae is kind of tall and I’m kind of short… needless to say this is not a 2 person hammock for us. Nevertheless, we will just have to sleep in separate hammocks such as below.ENO Doublenest + rain fly + bug net above and “other” hammock below – more details on our second hammock next week!
The system comes with 1 hammock, 1 bug net, 1 rain fly, 2 Atlas suspension straps (tree saving straps!), 2 carabiners and 4 stakes.
Extra points for each components being independent of the other… meaning you get to pack what you want to… not feeling the bug net or rain fly… leave it all behind!
- 3 season (definitely recommend having a sleeping pad or something under you because… wind)
- sleeps 2 people (recommend similar sizes)
- weight capacity: 400 lbs
- Minimum packed weight: 5 lbs 1 oz.
- Packed Size: 8 x 16 inches
- Dimensions: 127 x 77 inches
- Material : 210-denier polyurethane-coated ripstop nylon taffeta