Long time since I gave a recipe for the trail! 😍 So here goes.
Memory Lane Monday…Salida, Colorado: Day 5.
Pictured above is my Creamy Pasta Shells, unfortunately I forgot to weigh it before packing and cooking it 😓. I do not like making and storing meals, I rather keep them fresh fresh fresh – currently do not have one on hand but it will be a repeat meal soon!
- 1 container Creamy Garlic Shells from Knorr
- 2 1/4 cup Dehydrated Chicken
- 100 g or 1/2 cup Dehydrated Green Split Peas
- 1/4 cup Dried Shiitake Mushroom
- 2 Tbs Real Bacon Pieces Reduced Sodium
Nutrition Facts for the whole recipe provided above!
The heartiness of pasta at the end of a long day is so comforting to me and is probably the reason this was my favorite meal during our Colorado trip. Pasta may take a while to cook, but if you are willing to do the work at least one meal a day – you will not be sorry!
What is your favorite meal on the trail?